Front End Developer
Location: Oxford (Hybrid)
Ideally, they would like you to attend the office a few times a week but open to discussion (depending on location)
Salary: up to £35,000, depending on experience
Type: Full time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Do you have a passion for programming? Would you like to join a team that values hard work,
creativity, and autonomy, where you can make a real impact on the future of the business? I am
looking for a talented Front-End Developer to join our growing client and be a key part of their
About the client:
It is an exciting time to join, they are reimagining their business and how they serve their
customers, and they plan to deliver a series of website projects that will break the fourth wall of
journalism and connect them meaningfully with their customers as well as connect their
customers with the people and ideas that will drive growth and opportunities within their own
I am looking for someone who is willing to self-develop, and who can take the initiative in
helping the client to improve their current solutions and shape new products. Some of the
projects they are working on include developing an interactive network and an online education
platform, so you will get plenty of opportunity to learn a variety of skills. In return, they can offer
you the support of a friendly and committed team, and a role where your opinions and
contributions will be encouraged and valued.
You will join a small team of developers who work across their applications, and work with a wide
range of people across the company. The role includes:
• Working on front end development projects including integrations, updates, redesigns
and building new digital products.
• Improving current applications by adding new features and resolving bugs.
• Working on the entire product lifecycle, from product design, implementation,
deployment to refinement and ongoing performance and scalability tuning.
• Collaborating with the design team to bring to life interactive data visualisation projects.
• Working closely and collaboratively across departments to help improve user interfaces.
Their developers work with Ruby and JQuery/React, so either previous experience working with
these languages, or enthusiasm to learn and develop in these areas, would be highly beneficial.
What they're looking for:
Development languages such as HTML and CSS, as well as commercial experience with
one backend language such as Python, PHP or Ruby
• A keen interest in learning React, Angular or Node
• A degree in computer science or a relevant discipline
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a relevant position
• Experience in responsive design
• A talent for creating data visualisations such as maps, charts, and graphs (experience
using Highcharts is a plus)
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• An active account on GitHub, where you can share examples of your code with us.
Nice to haves:
• Experience with MySQL
• An interest in UX Design
• Previous experience working with SVGs and adding interactivity to graphics
Please apply directly or feel free to get in touch with me at: